Getting adequate fiber is a key component for vibrant health and a lean body.
I teach my clients the importance of getting enough fiber in our diet and simple ways to add fibre to any meal or snack
What is fibre?
There are two types of fiber.
Sources include nuts, seeds, fruits with skin, green veggies.
Soluble Fiber - creates a gel in the digestive system. It slows down and increases the absorption of nutrients from food.
Sources include beans, legumes, oats, berries and some vegetables.
Goal - increase your fiber intake gradually to 30 - 50 grams per day. Start to slowly increase fiber and make sure you drink plenty of water to maximize fibers functioning.
Here is a list of some foods that are high in fiber and many other nutrients that you can add to your meals and snacks to make sure you are getting enough fiber.
- Brussel Sprouts
- Nuts and Seeds
- Flax Seeds and Chia Seeds
- Wild rice
Easy Tips to Increase Your Daily Fiber Intake
- Add flaxseed or chia seeds to a smoothie or a bowl of yoghurt to increase fiber content
- Add ½ diced avocado to your favorite salad or blend into salad dressing
- Grab a handful of nuts and seeds for a quick snack.
- Add a ½ cup quinoa to your favorite salad.
Fiber will help to fill you up without filling you out! Begin adding more fiber to your plate today it will help you to look and feel your best!